This time it’s not Australia, where one-year-old Cash died in April this year from what’s being called a “brain-eating parasite” that was thriving in the water at Jodi and Laine Keough’s cattle station, near Townsville, Australia This time it was in USA where a young athlete succumbed on a church trip. Lauren Seitz of Westerville, Ohio, died from a suspected case of primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM), and officials are investigating whether she contracted the infection while whitewater rafting in Charlotte during a church trip, the Charlotte Observer reported.
Before that, in August last year it was another young man in Texas.
It’s certainly not going away, and thrives in drought conditions where water may warm up, creating the perfect breeding ground.
The amoeba enters the body via the nose, and it points to the need for home filtration systems that are PROVEN to remove or reduce the possibility of entry to the body by stopping in before it gets into the home’s water pipes. This new form of water filtration technology certainly has the capability to remove it without (as was the case prior to this technology) loss in flow.
“A State of Emergency” — Toxic Algal Blooms in Florida and Around the Globe Choke Waterways
Waterways in Florida — and in many parts of the world — are under siege from toxic algae blooms that are killing fish, choking cities’ fresh water supplies, harming ecosystems, and cutting into recreation and tourism revenue.
Two weeks ago, fresh water estuaries near Orlando were transformed from a calm blue into a toxic, fluorescent green matt of algae, while dangerous blooms across China and India have put already stressed water supplies at risk. In Florida last week, Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency in four counties and pleaded with the Obama administration to declare the region a national emergency.
We remember the blue green algae outbreak in Australia that had us importing water filters by the jumbo-load. Just one more reason to have a GOOD water filter system on hand. Like…